Posted: 12:18a.m. IST, September 24, 2012
Islamabad, Sept. 24 (ANI): The Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) has put Google Inc. and its subsidiary YouTube on notice for not removing the anti-Islam film.
PTI's Secretary General Dr Arif Alvi made the announcement after Google's statement was published in New York Times saying that the film would stay on YouTube as it did not violate its policies describing hate speech, reports The Express Tribune.
The PTI demanded immediate removal of the video from YouTube and also asked the video sharing website to avoid such a repetition in future.
The PTI demanded Google to review its policy otherwise more criminals and crackpots would create such videos and find YouTube a safe platform to promote hate.
Alvi said that even after millions have protested in the Muslim world including Pakistan and with so many deaths and billions in losses to property and production, it was shameful that Google still considered that the video does not violate its policy of hate speech.
Alvi further said that, in contrast, the company removed 10 films and 1700 video clips on Holocaust denial earlier this year.
He said that although the hate bullet was prepared by a criminal residing in the U.S., the gun to fire the hate bullet has been provided by YouTube as a Google-owned website and controlled affiliate. (ANI)